Saturday, December 19, 2009

hey good looking what's cooking?



Well in this instance, gingerbread cookies and pfeffernuze. Spent a few hours late Sunday making mixtures, wrapped them and popped them in the fridge, then baked early Monday. Thanks to the (half)naked chef for last minute dash to the shops for ingredients I'd forgotten, use of funky kitchen equipment and not complaining even once about coming home to biscuit factory after a day spent at work serving food.

One only just realised hazard of the 'lets bake biscuits for Christmas' caper however, is the 'gee my porridge is taking ages to cook I might just have a few biscuits for breakfast' syndrome. Give me a beard and call me Santa, as I rub my rolly poly Christmas biscuit belly.

But am I deterred? Not in the slightest. This week - Miss Ali's passionfruit butter cookies I think...

2 comments:

meririsa said...

Where's the "like" button? oh, wrong internet-based networking medium...
I share the same problem with biscuits we bake "for our son". Pigs arse! We devour them in a similar fashion to you, and will have pigs arses before long!

alison said...

I had the stars for lunch yesterday, no other food in the house.

My problem is eating the butter and sugar once it's been creamed and before the eggs go in.